Last updated: 05/08/2017
The following is not tolerated. Any activity that does not comply with our community guidelines will result in a sanction and users responsible will be issued a warning. Subsequent misconduct and cases of extreme severity will result in a permanent ban from using all our services and servers:
- Any form of spamming. Do not spam in text or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
- Being disrespectful towards others (this includes intentionally starting arguments which can be avoided, these are commonly referred to as flame wars). Respect other people at all times, you should generally treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Impersonating other individuals (especially staff members). Do not make any attempt to pretend to be another person for fraudulent purposes or even entertainment.
- Discriminatory language, including but not limited to any language regarding ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, sexual preference or personal beliefs (please bare in mind this applies to language used in usernames used on our servers and services). Do not victimize anyone in any way or form.
- Using extremely foul language, including but not limited to excessive profanity or language that is graphically sexual, grotesque, or violent (please bare in mind this applies to language used in usernames used on our servers and services). We aim to be a family friendly environment so everyone can enjoy our servers and services.
- Harassment and stalking. Do not harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable or threatened (this includes staff members).
- Organizing and participating in abuse raids or other forms of harassment. Do not engage in or post content encouraging the harassment of individuals or even other communities. If someone is harassing you or your community, be proactive and block them immediately, also make sure you report them.
- Sharing obscene/pornographic pictures, videos, audio and links (including in avatars and sprays) without announcing the content first as NSFW (not suitable/safe for work) before it being displayed to someone. Some stuff just isn’t appropriate for kids under 18, so let’s do the right thing in our community and label anything containing adult contents as NSFW before displaying it. This will make people aware of the adult contents, protecting those who wish not to see.
- Sharing illustrated or digitally altered pornography which depicts minors (such as lolicon or shotacon).
- Sharing content that violates another person’s contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights (including in avatars and sprays). Do not share or post links that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We respond to DMCA requests.
- Sharing content glorifying or promoting, in general, self-harm or suicide. This includes any content that encourages others to: cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, for example, seeking counseling or treatment. Online communities have the power to lift people up from dark places – be the kind of person who lifts others. If you notice that someone is in need of urgent help, please contact your local authorities.
- Spamming of the support team. Do not use these services to make false reports or spam multiple reports to VLRP Gaming. We are committed to addressing each item as it comes in as quickly as we can.
- Sharing images of gore and/or animal cruelty. Do not share or post graphic images for sadistic pleasure, glorification or celebration of violence (including avatars and sprays).
- Exploiting bugs or glitches. If you find a bug or a glitch on one of our servers or services please let us know about it, this helps us improve the community for everyone.
- Advertising anything extraneous to our community (especially other Garry’s Mod servers and communities). Do not use our community to advertise other servers and services.
- Voice changers are generally not allowed to be used, but can be with special approval from a staff member.
- Punishment evading. Do not leave a server to avoid punishment (also refereed to as LTAP). This also includes disconnecting from a server while you have a punishment ongoing that has been applied to you. If you are being spoke to by a member of staff always ask for their permission first if you need to leave, even if It’s an emergency at the very least make sure you tell them that before leaving.
- Sharing your account with others. Do not share your account: your account is for your use and your use alone. Do not grant access to your account to anyone else, and do not access anyone else’s account, even with their permission.
The following is completely unacceptable and will result in an immediate permanent ban from using all our services and servers:
- Sharing content hat is directly threatening someone’s physical or financial state (including employees). Do not threaten to harm another person or someone related to another person in any capacity. Do not tell other people you will hurt or kill them (real-world violence or other similar intended harm). Do not dox people. Do not share or threaten to share personal information of another user – this includes but is not limited to home address, phone number, email, social security number, and photos. Respect other people’s desire for privacy.
- Cheating. Do not use third party programs, macros, client-side hacks, edited game files or anything else that may give you an unfair advantage in the game over other players. This includes promoting or posting links to websites that provide or promote cheats or hacks.
- Doing anything illegal on any of the services/servers here at VLRP Gaming. We will take immediate action if you: violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of pirated software, or cheats or hacks for our or another company or person’s Service.
- Sharing content related to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Do not share or post links to images that depict minors or underage individuals engaged in violent, sexually suggestive, pornographic, shameful, or otherwise inappropriate situations.
- Sharing or linking to content with intent to shame or degrade another individual. Do not share sexually explicit content of other people without their consent. Do not share or promote sharing of revenge porn.
- Distributing viruses. Do not engage in or promote phishing activities. Do not threaten another user with digital harm including but not limited to viruses, hacking, and spying.
- Attempting to steal another user’s forum, TeamSpeak 3, Steam or Discord account.
- Ban evading. Do not make alternate accounts to use our services or servers if you have already been banned.